FTE and other problems with un-moded EAA saiga-12 (21" barrel)

I've got a unmolested 21" saiga-12, EAA import, notch sight no bolt hold open.

I've cleaned the gas port and barrel and everything. I have it set to "2", "1" seems to jam a lot more.

I'm using cheap winchester target ammo, the 'universal' stuff from walmart in a 100 pack. It seems to shoot allright with buckshot, but I don't want the gun to be ammo picky and everyone says they're suppose to be reliable guns.

the 5 round mags are almost 100% but still get stove pipes or partial extractions or bad chambering.

The 10 round mags even more, i'm lucky to get 3 shots off with the 10 round mags it seems.

Any comments? I'm not using a recoil buffer.

I've got a unmolested 21" saiga-12, EAA import, notch sight no bolt hold open.

I've cleaned the gas port and barrel and everything. I have it set to "2", "1" seems to jam a lot more.

I'm using cheap winchester target ammo, the 'universal' stuff from walmart in a 100 pack. It seems to shoot allright with buckshot, but I don't want the gun to be ammo picky and everyone says they're suppose to be reliable guns.

the 5 round mags are almost 100% but still get stove pipes or partial extractions or bad chambering.

The 10 round mags even more, i'm lucky to get 3 shots off with the 10 round mags it seems.

Any comments? I'm not using a recoil buffer.

[/quote

It's the ammo. The Winchester bulk box will not feed reliably in alot of people's guns. I, however, can shoot the bulk Federal out of mine with no problem.

I'll try the federal stuff and see what happens. I check the gas ports, I can feel the 2 forward gas ports with a bent peice of wire, but they're very close to the gas block wall/hole. I tried smoothing out where the hammer and bolt carrier contact to reduce friction.

If I hold the gun REALLY steady and really lean into it I can sometimes get off a few shots without a problem, if I hold it loose it will fire and do a really nasty stovepipe. If I hold it really loose (under my arm) it'll not even strip off a round, it will just close on a empty chamber.

I'll give the federal ammo a shot and leave the winchester for the pump guns.