New gun! coupla questions...

Picked up my new 16" S308 a few days ago. The action seems a tiny bit sticky... is there a break-in process? I've been told there was for the AR's but i'm assumng the ak's are "plug and play" at any rate..seems perfectly battleworthy besides the lo cap magazines. The girlfriend refuses to shoot "that big one" cuz it looks like it'll hurt...but she looks cute shootin the xd45Tac. With a little more practice she'll look sexy shooting it and HITTING THE TARGET!...poor thing punched two holes outta about 30 rounds :S Basically wanted to jump in and anounce the new addition to my arsenal and ask about the breaking in proceedure. Been prowling for a long time and saving up for the gun. The night I brought it home i was holding it and me and a buddy were giggling like kids so as I looked over at her she just rolled her eyes and said "go ahead" so we went out and both ran a mag through her (the rifle that is) GOD i love that woman :D

Anyhow Any specifics on breaking in?

I've searched but most posts were so old and non-conclusive i gave up...ANYBODY doing an M-14 mag conversion still? I know that's a Trunion mod but as long as it's reliable i'd love to buy some cheap steel mags and be done. $45 bucks is a lil rich for my blood...even though the conversion will be more.

Thanks !