Tactical Shotgun Match

All you guys in the Norfolk Area this may be the last match of the year. Ron, Kenneth, Joe, hope you guys can make it.

Sept 22, I have made a very ammo entensive and Saiga Friendly match, not sure if the match directer already has set up the COF or not.

Take care and hope to see a bunch of Saiga 12 out there.

All you guys in the Norfolk Area this may be the last match of the year. Ron, Kenneth, Joe, hope you guys can make it.

Sept 22, I have made a very ammo entensive and Saiga Friendly match, not sure if the match directer already has set up the COF or not.

Don't forget your pistol caliber carbine for the indoor match!

Don't forget your pistol caliber carbine for the indoor match!

John tell me more about it?? how many rounds, ecc!! and let's go to the evening comp.!

G.

Good to hear from you I lost your phone number, my work compter server crashed so I also lost your e-mail the carbine match will be about 55 rounds if you don't miss, if you don't have a carbine just bring some 9mm and you can use my CX4 Storm.

Shotgun will be about 150 or so to be safe. I have drawn up a plan for the match and plan to ask for approval Wednesday night at the IDPA match. Eric and I plan to be there and shoot it.

I put a buffer arangement in my 92FS hope it helps you know I need all the help I can get with my pistol.

JonnyGun

Killasoundz

and anyone else with a Saiga in southern Virgina or northeastern NC come on out and shoot or just support TEAM SAIGA!

Good to hear from you I lost your phone number, my work compter server crashed so I also lost your e-mail the carbine match will be about 55 rounds if you don't miss, if you don't have a carbine just bring some 9mm and you can use my CX4 Storm.

Shotgun will be about 150 or so to be safe. I have drawn up a plan for the match and plan to ask for approval Wednesday night at the IDPA match. Eric and I plan to be there and shoot it.

I put a buffer arangement in my 92FS hope it helps you know I need all the help I can get with my pistol.

JonnyGun

Killasoundz

and anyone else with a Saiga in southern Virgina or northeastern NC come on out and shoot or just support TEAM SAIGA!

John, tomorrow Terry is coming to help me to set the Dillon!!! so ican start to reload some special loads for the Open Glock.

I will send you an email with my phone number my friend.

Hope to see you tomorrow if we will be quick............:)

G.

Top, I don't think I'm going to make it to this one, due to school shit, but I might be bringing me and a buddy or two to the next one. What kind of ammo loadout? I was at Dick's today, and almost bought a hundred pack of #7 shot, but I didn't think that would be the best at a match. All my buck and slugs are defensive ammo, and I haven't ponied up for some cheap buck yet. What do these matches call for?

Okay, the October match is canceled, but there will be one the first weekend of November,

Then November Match will be shot with a very unique format we will do an inside pistol stage inside, then you leave the indoor range then about a 100 round shotgun stage will follow, so it's an ammo intesive indoor/outdoor one stage match with a pistol half and a Shotgun half. I am trying to get them to allow the inside part to be shot with a pistol caliber carbine.

The match on 22 Sept will be very interesting they have a format already so they did not need mine.

Hope to see a bunch of Siaga Shooters there!

Jug,

I guess the first thing to do is to find a match in your area, I suggest shooting a few IDPA style matches just to get used to the machinics of the game, scoring will be a little different from place to place. To be honest with you shooting matches is more than just wanting to win realistically I only win when the good shooters can't make it or have a bad day. I'm there for the people, especially but not strictly limited to Team Saiga.

Jug,

John is right. Go and observe a local match or two and ask plenty of questions to the competitors and even the Range Officers when they are available. Check out the gear and guns others are using and make mental notes. 3-gun is a challenging and fast growing shooting sport. Usually, no one individual will reign supreme (Todd Jarrett, Rob Leatham types notwithstanding) with all three firearms catagories so if you are better with one type gun than another you can offset low scoring stages with one you score higher in. On most days, my total score is mediocre at best. However, using a Saiga-12 shotgun keeps my scores out of the basement level and I like hearing the tube-magazine shotgun owners grumble.

It's not a really expensive sport except for the initial investment of the firearms themselves and of course, the re-occurring cost of the ammo. I'm a cheap S.O.B. (just ask my wife) so my rifle is an Arsenal AK-74 clone ($430) with a $40 Tasco scope. The ammo is 5.45 Russian and until recently, was around $140 for a 1000 rounds of Wolf commercial grade. I'm using a Saiga 12 that I've tricked out some over the years and my Para-Ordnance P16-40 is my only "high-dollar" competition firearm.

I have the COF for Saturday if any one wants a sneek Peek PM me with your e-mail address,

You will need at least 100 rounds of 7 1/2 or smaller shot, better bring 150 to be safe, the stages will not be as straight forward as in the past we will have to use cover on several of them. Still the match is not complex in any way very Saiga friendly.

Don't forget your Pistol Caliber Carbine, or Rimfire semi rifle, for the indoor match. If your in the area and want to try your luck at the reactive target match bring it out entry fee for the carbine match is 5 bucks and you'll need about 60 or 70 rounds I believe.

Yes it will be Nov 3rd or 4th not sure which day. That will be the last one of the year. TB did you get my E-mail?

Ron you look different without all that Spartan Armor!

Edited by topmaul

I'm planning on being there.

Ron, I'm actually going to be camping with the family at first landing st park, so I'll not be up for car pooling this time.

I'm hoping to see your LRBHO in action!

I'll likely have to show up, shoot and scoot as I'll need to get back to family activities.

Look forward to seeing all who can make it.

The Match is set up there is one stage that was not in the e-mail it is a weird speed stage, Ron's last round bolt lock will be very helpfull.

Eric said he was planning on winning so LOL we shall see!

Next and last match of 2007 will be November 3rd!

Edited by topmaul