New saiga 12 owner!

Well went to the range with a box of 3 inch magnums (thats what I read you should break in your gun with).

It cycled perfectly 5 rounds at a time (I only have a 5 round mag).

I was quite happy with it.

I also tried light target loads (2 3/4 inch?) and it cycled them well if I actually held the gun firmly. If I held the gun by the hip and didn't hold it well, it would jam on extraction.

Funny thing is that it was late when we got to the range (turning quite dark and we were shooting into night) and I totally forgot about the gas valve. I think it was on 2 the whole time (the 2 was on the pin). Not sure what I should have had the gas valve set for.

Very fun gun to shoot.

Now to accrue the parts needed to convert it over and make it a really cool gun.

Question, is the trigger with the Tapco G2 as good as factory or better or worse?

And just for testing purposes, do plain jane Romy buttstocks and pistol grip assemblys fit? I'm going to get American made parts but for now, I just want to test fit parts. (i'm just wondering just how "standard" the rear trunnion is compared to Romy rear trunnions?)