trouble feeding 3" magnums

Hello all,

i just picked up a new 410 the other day to add to my saiga collection, i have a question concerning the gas settings.

I have read that you should use gas setting 1 for three inch magnum shells. I tried my new gun out using winchester three inch 4 shot loads, on setting number 1 and it wont cycle. it fires and that it. doesnt even try to fire.......

I tore it down and cleaned everything, even the gas tube, tried again and same thing happened.

so im a little confused......

I've read in here that setting number 2 works the gun a little harder, and in some instances has damaged guns.

so what do i need to do to get this baby running..... im itching to send a couple of boxes through her with out having to do it single shot style..........

Do i need to run it on setting number two for a little while to break it in??????????

then move to setting one if it will fire in that position using three inch magnums after doing so?????

or is it because im using 4 shot loads instead of slugs that makes the difference.....

thanks for your help in advance,

odn

thanks tritium for your speedy response........... I'll try and break it in then........

thanks for the welcome too......

i have to admit ive been reading the forums here for the last couple of months since purchasing my s .223.

I think there is alot of great people here with lots of helpful advice................

thanks tritium for your speedy response........... I'll try and break it in then........

thanks for the welcome too......

i have to admit ive been reading the forums here for the last couple of months since purchasing my s .223.

I think there is alot of great people here with lots of helpful advice................

Kool! I know I've learned a lot since joining the forum and there are some excellent resources here. Have fun!

Doc