Florida Shooters.

madmilo sorry brother, No full auto for now, call range this morning, they say working on it

and probably by January of february but no set day.

NY-proletariat, brother no way 500 yards with the 7.62 x 39, more for the 7.62 x 54 or other

bigans, I was thinking in getting me couple of cans on the 7.62 x 54 and let other people

shoot the nagant if they dont have any bigans, but hey, like I say get anything out there

from .22 to bigans, is to have some fun under the sun thats is the idea.

And the range is mix, from 25 yards to 1000.

I know what it's like to shoot 600yds. with my rack grade M-1A and Ball ammo at CMP matches....but I don't have the skill or any weapon that would reach out that far(and not be subsonic!). 308 is subsonic at 900 yds and it has a very looping trajectory. Wind has a terrible effect on it too. This is why the big boys are being used now for anything over 800 yds. (338 Lapua,408 Cheytac,50BMG). At 600 yds it hard enough to keep all my shots in the black let alone score a 200. I personally think 500 yds is the maxium range that most people can hit with a "rack grade" battle rifle(308 or larger). 300 yds should be the max. that the poodle shooters(assault rifle cartridges) should engage personel at. You can make hits past that, but the cartridges' tissue destruction effect won't be that great at those ranges. Heck the 223 is really no good past 200 yds and that's from a 20 inch barrel! The M-4's that are all the rage these days with the "GI Joe Commando" crowd are even worse at about 75-100 yds. (10-16 inch barrels). After these ranges the 223 runs out of gas. Velocity is its main attribute and it loses this after the max ranges and its tissue destruction effect goes way down. This is why so many Iraqis are walking away wounded in the "Sand box".

NY-proletariat you right, I don't think any one will try the 1000 meters, but is hard to find a range even

with 200 meters to go shooting, the range out there is one that lets people with .50 see what can they do

at ranges over 300 meters with that bigan, plus any one else hit the 100, 150, 200, 300 meters with

any other rifle up to 500 meters or just for shit and giggles try pass the 500 meters and see what the guns

do at that distances and yes at distances a lot of stuff will affect bullet trajectories, just win will affect

were your bullet ends big time and that's just one factor on a long list of equations if you really

want to put a chunk of lead out there and reach something were you want it to be.

But for now, I guess must of the guys want to have some fun and thats all, nothing especial

just fun on the sun and thats all amigo, really nothing to make head lines at long distances

especially with guns that come out of the rack, I dont think any of then guys is going

to pop something really special to reach really out there, but you never know what other toys

apart from Saigas the boys may have.

Any way Floridians looking to see you there, and damn on few weeks

a new post will be post on the General discussion to set day and see

who comes, man we just hack jack the .308 Saiga discussion section.

Edited by vjor