New Owner .308 carbine, conversion planned

Hi all, Just joined up. I have several AK variants but could not pass up a new Saiga .308 carbine for under $340. I have a conversion in mind, already looked some tech notes on it and inspected my gun to make sure it would work. Getting a Tapco G2 trigger, Tapco M249 grip and a Kvar AK-74 stock. Also ordered some high cap mags for it.Might add a muzzlebrake or flash hider if someone points me to one that works on a Saiga. I will not be cutting barrels or doing much else. Maybe playing with the forward handguard shape and cutting some cooling vents. I figure this is the poor mans M1A SOCOM, practical, reliable and costs $$$$ less. Any advice on the conversion? I will be doing it myself with some drills and hand tools. Looks fairly simple, my 2007 build receiver seems to need little or no mods. BTW, can I leave the bolt hold open in? Thanks in advance for any advice. Most of my experience comes from tweaking handguns, building ARs and playing with 10/22s.

Hi all, Just joined up. I have several AK variants but could not pass up a new Saiga .308 carbine for under $340. I have a conversion in mind, already looked some tech notes on it and inspected my gun to make sure it would work. Getting a Tapco G2 trigger, Tapco M249 grip and a Kvar AK-74 stock. Also ordered some high cap mags for it.Might add a muzzlebrake or flash hider if someone points me to one that works on a Saiga. I will not be cutting barrels or doing much else. Maybe playing with the forward handguard shape and cutting some cooling vents. I figure this is the poor mans M1A SOCOM, practical, reliable and costs $$$$ less. Any advice on the conversion? I will be doing it myself with some drills and hand tools. Looks fairly simple, my 2007 build receiver seems to need little or no mods. BTW, can I leave the bolt hold open in? Thanks in advance for any advice. Most of my experience comes from tweaking handguns, building ARs and playing with 10/22s.

Welcome to the forum, A good place to check for brakes and othe misc stuff is http://www.dinzagarms.com as well as http://www.saigastock.com . BHO you can leave in just make sure you grind down the tapco hammer so it will fit right.