galil handguards

Help me out here guys does the galil fit the 223 with no mods? and how would I mount rails on the bottom and sides? I personally love these guns wish there were more goodies out there for guys like me that dont know shit about converting. got a stock, hi cap mag, scope mount/w. rails. this site is bad ass, thanks. oh are there any other manufactures or folks that make hand guards besides tapco ?

Welcome to the forum.

Dinzag sells a retainer that allows you to use the galil handguards. He has a press on and bolt on models for the retainers.

I believe he might even have a handguard that already has rails on them but they aren't US made. Click on the "Furniture" link on the left of his website.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_223/saiga_223.html

I think that genuine Galil HG's require a rear handguard retainer. Dinzag's bolt-on front retainer might allow them to be used by allowing them to be moved father back, engaging the receiver. I have tried to use Galil HG's on an FEG AK, but there was too much play to secure them.

buckmeister

Edited by buckmeister

I used the Tapco Galil hand guards on my 223, Irigged a barrel mount rail to hold the hand guard on. There is no wobble up/down or side/side with this setup, granted its not as clean looking as Dinzags retainer, it was a rushed option to get it together.

post-659-1200016555_thumb.jpg

post-659-1200016565_thumb.jpg