Front mount C-More Working Well

Finally got my front Barrel mounting bracket and got my C-More zeroed on my Saiga. So far it is working well and holding zero. I have disinategrated a Kobra and 3 chinese red dots on this so far on the side rail mount, so i'll keep updates on the durability of this one. C-more is used by a lot of race gun types and seems to have a good reputation. That front mount clamp was about 50 bucks if I recall. So far so good. Actually got my ace folder on shortly after this pic last weekend. I ended up going with the uncut tang block. I have some ape hangers that are long and the other block put the mid length ace folder with the breech in my face, which i'm not always fond of. We have a lot of indoor ranges around here and I eat enough powder that I don't need direct eye injections on top of it.

SAIGA-12-3.JPG

SAIGA-12-1.JPG

Also picked up a Baikal MP 153 for light bird and skeet work. Anyone ever find out how to get an extension tube for those? So far it seems functional, just kind of comes in with short mans disease when compared to my AGPs!! They seem hard to come buy for extensions for those.

Edited by twinhairdryers

I have a Baikal MP153. I used a home modified benelli tube. 10+1 and it is stainless steel, so I removed the paint.

The home modification involved cutting a hole in the Baikal magazine tube cap to match the benelli tube and using JB Weld to bond the tube to the cap. I had a 50 year old Sears desk top lathe. It took about 6 hours to cut the hole to the correct size.

Finally got my front Barrel mounting bracket and got my C-More zeroed on my Saiga. So far it is working well and holding zero. I have disinategrated a Kobra and 3 chinese red dots on this so far on the side rail mount, so i'll keep updates on the durability of this one. C-more is used by a lot of race gun types and seems to have a good reputation. That front mount clamp was about 50 bucks if I recall. So far so good. Actually got my ace folder on shortly after this pic last weekend. I ended up going with the uncut tang block. I have some ape hangers that are long and the other block put the mid length ace folder with the breech in my face, which i'm not always fond of. We have a lot of indoor ranges around here and I eat enough powder that I don't need direct eye injections on top of it.

SAIGA-12-3.JPG

SAIGA-12-1.JPG

Also picked up a Baikal MP 153 for light bird and skeet work. Anyone ever find out how to get an extension tube for those? So far it seems functional, just kind of comes in with short mans disease when compared to my AGPs!! They seem hard to come buy for extensions for those.

post-4457-1201152096_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1201152127_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1201152161_thumb.jpg

post-4457-1201152590_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldandslow
Tell me a bit more about the front barrel mount. How does it mount? Standard 1913 rail?

It is actually just two single nub picatinny rails on round barrel mounts sort of like scope rings. You just space them out to match the rail requirements of your optic. It is the same idea as that one that someone on this forum is selling for 100 bucks, only this one is about 50 bucks. I am trying to find the sight I ordered it from, but the dang thing is evading me. Others on this forum have used this same barrel ring setup. I can't recall the names now, but I used some red locktight to the screws to secure them so they don't loosen. The C-More is just on a standard railway and easily mounts with the factory rail setup at no extra cost.

I put another 150 through the pipe today off the boat and it still sticks solid and no loss of zero.

Tell me a bit more about the front barrel mount. How does it mount? Standard 1913 rail?

It is actually just two single nub picatinny rails on round barrel mounts sort of like scope rings. You just space them out to match the rail requirements of your optic. It is the same idea as that one that someone on this forum is selling for 100 bucks, only this one is about 50 bucks. I am trying to find the sight I ordered it from, but the dang thing is evading me. Others on this forum have used this same barrel ring setup. I can't recall the names now, but I used some red locktight to the screws to secure them so they don't loosen. The C-More is just on a standard railway and easily mounts with the factory rail setup at no extra cost.

I put another 150 through the pipe today off the boat and it still sticks solid and no loss of zero.

found it - it isn't just two nubs, but a rail with two rings.

http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/advanced_tech__accessories.htm

or, there is a higher profile one here;

Yankee hill make high quality stuff, but this looks like a 1/4 inch higher mount than the command arms one;

https://019f4f7.netsolstores.com/index.asp?...&ProdID=260

oldandslow. nice work on that extension tube on th 153. I have been considering ordering a spare cap to try a similar home garage approach. what spring did you end up using? also - what was the cost of the benelli tube you used, and would you try another option if you did it all over again? :chris:

oldandslow. nice work on that extension tube on th 153. I have been considering ordering a spare cap to try a similar home garage approach. what spring did you end up using? also - what was the cost of the benelli tube you used, and would you try another option if you did it all over again? :chris:

Topmaul - did your mount stay solid under fast fire? I put a dab of red threadlocker on mine once it was near zero and it seems to be holding my C-More solid. Only have a couple hundred down the pipe so far though. My side rails were good for a few hundred until they started cracking and sliding off or the optic went south on them. So far, so good with this setup.

SAIGA-12-3.JPG

Yep it sure did, I have a little tweeking to do with it hope to get to the range tomorrow to put some lead down the pipe. Can you post a picture of your set up? I to put lock tight on it aviation grade.

Yep it sure did, I have a little tweeking to do with it hope to get to the range tomorrow to put some lead down the pipe. Can you post a picture of your set up? I to put lock tight on it aviation grade.

My pics don't post well sometimes, but here is a couple:

http://www.twinhairdryers.0catch.com/SAIGA-12-3.JPG

http://www.twinhairdryers.0catch.com/SAIGA-12-1.JPG

Edited by twinhairdryers