Saiga Stock w/ Adjustable Cheek Piece Install Question

I just recieved the Saiga Stock w/ Adjustable cjheck piece as shown below from Krebs. Two questions

1.I have beat the piss out of the stock to get it to seat completely flush with the reciever but there is a slight gap. Took it off put a little soap on the edges and ended up in the same place. Has anyone installed one of these and got it to seat all the way. The gap is about 0.078 inch. I even took it out to the garage and beat it into a block of wood with my rubber mallet. She just won't go. But I may be missing some trick?

2. There are only the two screw holes in the top of the new stock, no bottom hole. Should I predrill holes for the old screws?

Thanks for any help. The stock seems nice and does give a pistol grip feel without a teardown.

SaigaStock2.jpg

Edited by abatis

When I installed mine I had the same problem. I took it back off and noticed that the new stock was not quite the same size so I did a little bit of file work and it finally went on.

The only thing I don't like about it is that it is a little shorter than the original stock. Anyone know of a slip on recoil pad that will fit the new stock so I can make it a little longer?

I've heard that a Limbsaver large slip-on will fit good, but I'm using a Pachmayr decelerator medium that I got at Wal-Mart and it fits nice and tight. Because of the shape of the buttplate the rubber skirt part does bulge a little bit width-wise at the top and bottom (and the brown pad on the black stock looks kinda ghetto) but it stays put and adds about 3/4" overall to the stock. I haven't tried the large in either the Pachmayr or Limbsaver so I can't comment on how those would fit. When I measured the buttplate on mine I got 5 1/4" L x 1 1/2" W - a little more length than what they recommend for the medium but it seems to work.

I think this would work.

AK Stocks and Stock accessories

akbut2.jpg

New AK But Pad Combat Style

New Release! Slip over pad for AK rifles! Combat designed pad adds 1" to the stock length. Pad absorbs recoil and plants firearm firmly against shoulder for non slip firing. When the going gets tough, Our H/D But Pad just gets going! Also may be used on some other applications with stocks close in size to the AK factory stock. RI-STK-AKBUT2 $14.99