dragunov style stock

OK - I got my new saiga this weekend, ran 100+ rounds through it, and it's the best $250 rifle I've ever shot :wub:

I'd like to do the conversion, but I'm more partial to thumbhole stocks than regular pistol grip. Will these http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp...&ProdID=125 and a tapco G2 trigger group work for a cheap conversion, or is this stock for a different AK variant? I'm new to saigas, so I'm a little fuzzy on how much compatibility there is once the trigger is moved.

Thanks in advance, it's a great board you guys have here.

I can't really help you out with the conversion question, but I can tell you this:

that stock is butt ugly. no pun intended.

so you dont lie the look of the drag style stocks http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...20308&st=30 i think this one looks pretty good that is the same stock mentioned above

motopilot - Thanks a bunch - I didn't realize that was the same one. It's a big help seeing it on a gun first. For the price, I think it's what I'll go with until I decide to get nice American made wood furniture. It looks really good on that .308

Terrace mountain - to each their own... I've got several "pretty" guns. This one is utilitarian (although I actually do like the way dragunovs look). I have no problem with it.

What would look good would be if you could refinish that stock and match it with a pair of refinished PSL handguards.

uh huh just got my psl hand guards getting the stock this weekend gonna make a very similar rifle with psl hg top and bottom psl piston and move the block out gonna keep the wood light like psls.

That stock would probably work fine BUT I don't see anything that says it's made in the USA, so you wouldn't get the 2 compliance parts that you need for a legal conversion so you would need to swap out 2 other parts like handguard and gas piston.

The stock isn't made in the U.S.A., it's a take-off import. Maybe I'm confused on the compliance thing... the tapco g2 trigger group is 3 parts on the conversion, and I'd use U.S. made mag's for hi-cap, putting me under 10 imported parts. Since it's a thumbhole stock (not pistol grip), I should also be able to put an imported low-cap mag back in and still be legal (just like the factory skeleton stock) since it's not a pistol grip. Or did I add wrong? :unsure:

Actually, even though the stock is an import, you should still be OK without the US parts. You see, the Dragunov style stock is a thumbhole stock, so you technically haven't converted your rifle to a style that requires you to comply with 922r. Now, if you use high cap mags, that changes things, but as long as your mags have at least 1 US part in them you're OK, (since you've already got 3 in the trigger group and only 14 parts total).