s-12 iz108 rail question, I am stumped

Hey guys, I bought a 108 version s-12 as it was all I could find and thought 475 was a good price. anyway I love the weapon as I knew I would BUT am stumped or dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to my adjustable site rail.

it has the serrated knob at the front and it will not turn in any direction.I feel spring tension on the rail so I know their is something to it but what is the deal. is it defective, am I defective give me the dope on that setup.

it's a real ego bruiser as I have built alot of AK's and that knob is getting under my skin. I dont wont to force it until I know if it does move the front bead up or down and should rotate. did I get a bad one? is it cross threaded ? hit me up with the the remedy if you could please. TIA

best regards david

It's ok David,

You just need to stick a small pin punch or something into the little hole, just behind the adjustment wheel. There is a leaf spring up inside there that locks into 4 different positions on top of the wheel. Push up and turn.

It's ok David,

You just need to stick a small pin punch or something into the little hole, just behind the adjustment wheel. There is a leaf spring up inside there that locks into 4 different positions on top of the wheel. Push up and turn.

Thanks Cobra,we got it just as you stated.... hmm my wife 'read' those crappy instructions (theirs not yours) and fixed it for me using the small end of the pin punch.she inserted it in the hole and pulled up and the knob rotated. I am happy as heck I have a gun nut wife who works on weapons and helps me build motors and I am unhappy I have a wife that....haha thanks again. I still think the instructions are crap.why do they lock it. pay back? haha

best regards david

ps I will be fine with doing the conversion to 922 and adding a folder,angle the rear of receiver. cut off the tang ,weld the plate for correct stock placement,everything will be cool as long as linz is around to adjust my sites haha

Edited by The-collectorFL