Parts Question - FSB, Gas Chamber, Retainer

I was at the fun show yesterday and ran across a dimpled receiver so it had to come home with me. I have the basic pistol grip conversion done and want to go farther than I have before and put a proper gas chamber and Front sight block on this one along with a lower hand guard retainer.

post-8015-1204484074_thumb.jpg

post-8015-1204484090_thumb.jpg

I know the Bulgarian FSB is the way to go and I plan on ordering that along with the 24mmx1.5 threaded 7.62x39 compensator from K-Var.

My questions is which gas block should I be looking at for this to get the correct fit?

This one?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=292&page=1

Also Which retainer will work best for the saiga?

This one?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=313&page=1

Once I have the correct parts I'll start rounding up the other necessary components like a press etc.

Any tips on re-installing pins to hold the gas chamber and FSB can I use the ones I will remove or should I be picking up some new ones.

As another option to picking up individual pieces would I be better off finding a 74 kit and using the parts I need? I can always have extra 5.45 parts and the cost of these individually is nearing what I can find a not so complete or non matching kit for? I realize I would still need a 7.62 comp still but it seems like I can get more for less overall this way. Am I wrong?

Thank you

Depends on what you want to do or what kind of clone you want to make. Are you trying to make a traditional 762 clone or a newer 100 series clone?

All the gas block gives you is the bayonet lug vs the one you have now.

The more I think about it the more I am tempted to leave the gas block alone and to do the Dinzag retainer and Bulgy FSB. I am primarily interested in the Bulgarian FSB/comp but having a bayo lug and traditional lower handguard retainer would be cool.

I'll keep digging around for the correct spec parts though because I am sure I'll change my mind a few times before she gets done.

• 4 months later...