HIGH CAP 308 MAGS

ok.

i'm tired of this crap with eaa and all this conversion of different mags.

is there any company out there right now that makes aftermarket mags for the 308?

it seems eaa can't get their ducks in a row (why the hell not i cant understand)

chopping on your gun just to get a couple extra rounds is plain dumb.

i got a saiga instead of a cetme b/c i thought for sure that after the ban you could get some high caps. and i would much rather have a saiga with 20 rounders instead of a cetme with 20 or 30 rounders.

looks like i'll have to buy a second factory mag to hold over until eaa can get in gear and start shipping those things out.

I won't chop my gun either to fit a larger mag. but i believe the cetme 30rder will fit with no mods. Now i would like to see a pistol grip stock rather than take my trigger and move it up. Since they make pistol grip stocks for shotguns they should make them for our saiga's too. I think the pistol grip on my saiga is the only thing missing besides a 30rd mag too. Sometimes i think a 30rd mag wouldn't be good either because of my finger problem that could cause an ammo supply problem? (just kidding but its true?) The only time it stops shooting is when the mag is out of ammo. I went thru 60rds so fast while having fun, we all blasted away with it and loved it. Now when i go blackbear hunting I just may take two guns in my stand my 338win.mag and my 308 saiga too. Overall I'm sure happy I picked up a saiga/308. UKP

BTW; My Cetme G3 308 is the smoothest semi-auto I have ever shot so far. It has no recoil at all. The Egyptian hakim comes in second and the saiga comes in third in the recoil department. I think if it had a muzzle brake it would be better on the muzzle climb what little it has. I'm not knocking the saiga in anyway and i would never give up my saiga. Its an "AK" that shoots 308 and its the size of a paratrooper sks. Its light weight is a factor in the recoil department too.

Edited by Unknown Poster

only reason why i strayed from the cetme's was b/c of the irregularities of them.

they are parts guns and they aren't that consistent in putting them together.

i'm sure they are great guns (the ones that aren't poorly "thrown together")

but i didn't want to take a gamble on one and get a wall hanger.

for the same price (actually $70 less) i could get a saiga 308 and thats what i did.

you said that you think the cetme mags would fit without mods.

have you tried it out to see if it would?

if that was the case the cetme mags are only about $5--$10 a piece.

I think once we remove the top section of the cetme mag the body of the mag is the same shape as the saiga mag all thats missing is the two loc up tabs which can be welded on. I think by just looking at it, it will work. I matched it up to the saiga mag since i have some extra cetme mags sitting here. My Cetme did jamb once but i changed the recoil spring to a new one and i picked up a new buffer for it. Now it shoots ok and its well worth playing with it to get it right if you get one with problems. After shooting it just once i understand why these guys would hang in there and fix them. I have never shot a semi-auto thats so smooth, it kind of feels like the recoil of a 22lr for there is nothing felt when i shoot it. Now after shooting my one new saiga/308 I'm on the prowl for another one too maybe a .223. My only problem is I was never fond of the .223 round. As a varmit round it takes a back seat to the 22-250 and its passed by the 7.62x39 too in a deer round so its just a matter of saying i have one in .223?? I may take a look at the other saiga sporting rifles too I see they offer a 30-06 and 270win also. I wish my dealer had them all to choose from. BigBill

yea i saw that on their site too. they say 3006 and 270 but i've yet to locate one.

i've searched everywhere. maybe they are doing like they did with the 308 high caps.

advertising something that doesn't even exist.

maybe i'll buy some cheap cetme mags and tinker around with em a bit