First post - First Saiga .308-1 handoads!

First post, yay me. :)

saiga308.jpg

She is a restored (previously owned) Saiga model 308-1 chambered for both .308 Winchester and 7.62x51mm. Optics are by Leapers, A.K.A. "The Bug Buster" Model #scp-632aomdl2. Nitrogen filled, emerald coated optics w/illuminated R/G/B tac recticle, parallax and eye relief adjustments were free. :) She is seen here with 25 round magazine affixed and a double Weaver mount fitted for AK rifle mounts. Rings are 1" Weaver standard Warne Maxima series - and it's all rock stable under the immense recoil this rifle has under the loads I shoot. Chrome lined barrels are the standard factory type, 22" long w/1:14 twist - everything else about her is standard Russian issue AK.

target.jpg

Home made custom ammo for the win! Federal .308 Winchester brass, Hornady 180gr. Interlock Soft Points, loaded hot with 34 gr. Alliant Reloader 10x (Used usually in high performance small bore rifles and pistols - yeah, really hot loads for FLAT trajectory) lit by Magtech #9 1/2 Large Rifle Primers. She hits like a truck full of bricks in an unprecedented sub-1 MOA. VERY uncommon for Kalashnikov action autoloader rifles. Conditions were fair with a 20MPH gusting wind at 100 yards out. Each ring is a 1" measure - I was told that getting her to shoot like this would be impossible. Goes to show what a little math and engineering sk1||z0rz will do for you! The stray shot to the right was the 26th and last round I had laying around. I shot from a standing position rising off the bench. :ded: