Bolt Release

I pushed the bolt hold button in to hold the bolt open and now the bolt will not release. I managed to get the top cover off and can push the release lever part way down to where the button starts to come back down but it still will not let the bolt release what am I doing wrong that I cant get the bolt to release?

I pushed the bolt hold button in to hold the bolt open and now the bolt will not release. I managed to get the top cover off and can push the release lever part way down to where the button starts to come back down but it still will not let the bolt release what am I doing wrong that I cant get the bolt to release?

normally you just pull back the bolt and let it go to release.

Has your BHO spring came off and the bolt hold open lever is in too far? That has happened to me a couple of times. Took some fishing to get the spring back on and then the lever will go back down through the hole like it is supposed to, then all was good.

And yes getting the cover off while the bolt is to the rear is a real bitch.

If you have the cover off, see if you can push the hammer down. I have once seen a reassembly (not sure how they did it), but the hammer was not caught by the trigger when the bolt carrier was in the locked position. It caused the hammer to get caught up on the underside of the bolt carrier. By pushing the hammer down, it got caught again, and allowed for free movement of the bolt carrier group.

Has your BHO spring came off and the bolt hold open lever is in too far? That has happened to me a couple of times. Took some fishing to get the spring back on and then the lever will go back down through the hole like it is supposed to, then all was good.

Thanks for all the info it was the spring that came off. I used a small screwdriver to push the lever down far enough to get hold of the button with a pair of tweezers and pulled it down to release the bolt. Then used a piece of fishing line around the spring and lifted the spring back into place. Everthing works great again. Thanks to all for the suggestions

Thanks for all the info it was the spring that came off. I used a small screwdriver to push the lever down far enough to get hold of the button with a pair of tweezers and pulled it down to release the bolt. Then used a piece of fishing line around the spring and lifted the spring back into place. Everthing works great again. Thanks to all for the suggestions

Man I wish I had thought of the fishing line trick. I used a piece of wire with a hook on the end, it worked but was a real bitch.