K-Var AKU bullpup kit

I would like to convert my Saiga-12 into a bullpup with the K-Var kit and I would like to know what other pieces I need to make this conversion? I plan on replacing that flimsy looking wire with something like a bicycle brake wire or something. There are some threads though that say that modifications are needed and one that says that I would need a new handguard retainer. These threads don't go into specifics though, does anyone have more information on this?

I would like to convert my Saiga-12 into a bullpup with the K-Var kit and I would like to know what other pieces I need to make this conversion? I plan on replacing that flimsy looking wire with something like a bicycle brake wire or something. There are some threads though that say that modifications are needed and one that says that I would need a new handguard retainer. These threads don't go into specifics though, does anyone have more information on this?

Chibajoe converted his S-20 with the K-var kit http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry226849

post-6703-1209956254_thumb.jpg

And I did my .410 with homemade parts and a amd lower handguard. I ran my linkage with 1/16" stainless cable.

post-6703-1209956182_thumb.jpg

And I did my .410 with homemade parts and a amd lower handguard. I ran my linkage with 1/16" stainless cable.

I like it. Was it difficult to do? Maybe you could tell me a bit more about how you made your parts?

I like the look of the K-Var kit. He did say it was a pain in the ass to do though.

I'm pretty new at this, I want to get these modifications done before the next AWB though.

Edited by Mechanical
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a PolyTech in the K-Var kit. I think it would difficult to get a cable to reset the trigger correctly. I think a heaver bent wire is a better answer. It could not be too thick and stay inside the housing or clear the side of the magazine.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1