We discuss a number of ammo bargains and best buys, and that is great. But, I was just wondering, why would anyone buy "expensive" 7.62 ammo? Is there any benefit to it? I know that Remington makes more expensive 7.62 ammo, and probably other manufacturers do, too.

Is there any reason to buy anything except Wolf, or the lowest priced 7.62 if you are only killing paper zombies? If a more expensive ammo results in an easier clean up, that might be worth it to me, but otherwise, if you are not hunting, why bother?

WJ

I don't own a 7.62x39 so I cannot address that calber specifically. I will tell you what I know in general terms. Less expensive ammo is preferable for plinking (paper targets whjere accuracy is not an issue). THe high end of expensive ammo is used where accurracy for whatever reason counts the most (think Match ammo). The mid-range to fairly high end ammo is what is generally used for defense for maximum effect.

If plinking with paper targets and accuracy is not an issue then the cheapest ammo that will reliably cycle your weapon is probably the best choice. I enjoy Bullseye shooting so cheap won't work. I also enjoy blasting away and cheap is best. Depends on your desired result. To me cleaning my weapons is therapeutic, you might try "becoming one with the gun" for a fun exercise at no cost. See how fast/accurately you can disassemble/assemble your weapon for grins. When you get pretty comfortable, try it blindfolded. Costs nothing and can be enjoyable. Just a few thoughts.

We discuss a number of ammo bargains and best buys, and that is great. But, I was just wondering, why would anyone buy "expensive" 7.62 ammo? Is there any benefit to it? I know that Remington makes more expensive 7.62 ammo, and probably other manufacturers do, too.

Is there any reason to buy anything except Wolf, or the lowest priced 7.62 if you are only killing paper zombies? If a more expensive ammo results in an easier clean up, that might be worth it to me, but otherwise, if you are not hunting, why bother?

WJ

I buy the cheap Brown Bear and Wolf and have no problems. Like you said if you are only going after paper zombies why bother with the more expensive stuff.

People say there are accuracy diffences but probably not for SHTF purposes.