For those interested Ultimak is now listing a bottom rail to complement the top vented rail like Bvamp has on his SAR. The asking price for the top rail is $85 to $90. The bottom rail is going for a cool $220. It is sharp but steep in price. You either have to be big into tactical or really love the look.

I'm toying with the idea of trying to fit the combo on my Saiga as I work through the conversion. It is big $ considering the rifle cost $199. Take a look:

http://www.blackheart.org/index.asp?PageAc...ROD&ProdID=1078

Wolverine

I like it, but I have a 50 sumthin dollar bottom hand grip with three rails on it already im still sitting on putting thing on, because I cant figure out what I want to put on it. maybe Ill just put EVERYTHING on it and save myself the trouble.

I believe Bvamp posted a picture of his SAR with top rail and Gali? forearm on the Vented gas tube - Any Updates thread several down from this. The Gali sells for around $50. I don't think it will fit a Saiga without some creative engineering. I wonder about heat retention and cooling when using the Gali. Maybe Bvamp will see this and can give us the straight scoop.

Wolverine

I bought the trirail lower handguard that blackjackbuffers.com offers. I think it was 50? or something? yeh, thats about right....check it out.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...products_id=209

with a modified standard AK handguard retainer, you can mount one onto a saiga. its a pain as far as I can tell, but the part fit better on my SAR1 than the original part it replaced.....very tight fit to say the least.

I switched up to all synthetic and metal on my SAR from the wood it came with, just because the AK stock isnt a good length for a big redneck such as myself, and the pistol grip had to go because it felt like I was holding a stick or something. heat dissapation is a little better, but I believe it is because of the vented ultimak rail I put on the gun.

The upper rail is the Ultimak rail/gas tube, and cost me about 85 bucks. it is worth every penny too. if you shoot tactical comps or have to carry a gun that can take this part on it in any situation, i highly recommend it. You can see your iron sights right through the optic you mount to it, and you dont need to rip the sight off if your battery should die on you at the wrong moment because of that fact. Plus, I think it helps the gun point better having a dot out near the muzzle like that. shooting with both eyes open like i mostly do with this gun, you can see real good around the sight itself, as it isnt in your face blocking your periphreal vision....

Edited by Bvamp