Factory Skel Stock, enough material to cut and move?

Hi there,

What I considered doing is to move the trigger group forward, and then cut the factory skeleton stock to move forward with the trigger. I don't actually have one of those stocks, so could someone tell me if there is enough solid plastic/polymer in the top forward section to accomplish this (as opposed to being in the hollow portion)? I am interested in this skel stock particularly - for those who might advise to look at another thumbhole/cutout stock. Thanks, guys.

Hi there,

What I considered doing is to move the trigger group forward, and then cut the factory skeleton stock to move forward with the trigger. I don't actually have one of those stocks, so could someone tell me if there is enough solid plastic/polymer in the top forward section to accomplish this (as opposed to being in the hollow portion)? I am interested in this skel stock particularly - for those who might advise to look at another thumbhole/cutout stock. Thanks, guys.

You do know those stocks are like $75, right? Why pay that much for a stock, just to have to mess with it to make it fit? Plus, it won't do you any good for compliance if that matters to you.

You're better off buying a regular US made stock and pistol grip.

Edited by 22_Shooter

Thanks, guys, for your input so far. I don't mind a certain amount of work, as indicated in the OP. Too much, however, is too much. If the top forward part of the stock is solid for a few inches (untill it becomes the upper skeleton frame, where I already assume it is hollow) then it seems feasible to cut back and make new attachment points. What I don't really want to do is find a way to fill hollow plastic to fabricate attachment points.

So, I gather from Hogdog's response that the stock does become hollow too far forward for my purposes. Shooter 22, to answer your questions, I do realize what prices I can get the stock for, and the reason I would want to go to the trouble is because I like that stock (yes, I have seen other drag/thumbhole/choate style stocks).

Anyway, you guys are great, I'm glad this forum is around to help exchange information on the Saiga's. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else might have pertinent information on this topic, then make a decision.