Idea's for an upgrade?

I was hoping to gather some info on a sling to buy for my saiga 12, I have a 3 point but its not working very well at all. I am going to buy a new stock, shark break and scope. I would like to know whats the best out there for this type of weapon? Thanks for any info.

I sort of go back and forth between a 2-point and a 3-point sling on mine. Both work about the same, the only real reason to use the 2-point is to eliminate the section of strap along the side of the receiver. Both slings have HK style claw hooks on them, so I can swith them out or have no sling at all.

I have a side sling mount at the rear of the handguard and the front of the stock, kind of like an M4 or other rifle.

Thx. do you have a brand name or a picture of it?

I sort of go back and forth between a 2-point and a 3-point sling on mine. Both work about the same, the only real reason to use the 2-point is to eliminate the section of strap along the side of the receiver. Both slings have HK style claw hooks on them, so I can swith them out or have no sling at all.

I have a side sling mount at the rear of the handguard and the front of the stock, kind of like an M4 or other rifle.

The two-point is just whatever you like, I have an old M-60 sling that has a good padded section in the middle I like to use. The three-point is an Uncle Mikes. They make two versions: one that uses sling swivels, and one that uses the HK style hooks, which come with the sling.

I am thinking of converting to the Vickers two-point quick adjustable combat sling, though, marketed by Blue Force Gear. They sure look nice, and I keep hearing how awesomely they work. The only thing holding me up is the $40+ price tag.

Added: I made the side mounts, so there is nobody selling them.

Edited by Gunfixr
I was hoping to gather some info on a sling to buy for my saiga 12, I have a 3 point but its not working very well at all. I am going to buy a new stock, shark break and scope. I would like to know whats the best out there for this type of weapon? Thanks for any info.

I made my own. It is a two point sling that I incorporated the "quick adjust" from an old rucksack strap. I used this same set up for years before I retired from L.E.. It makes it real easy to transition back to a handgun or to have both hands free to handcuff by simply "dumping" the gun over your shoulder on your your back. It also makes it very easy to transition back by reaching under your left arm, if you shoot right shoulder, and grabbing the stock with yuor right hand to bring it up to low ready. It cost me about 7-8 dollars for the materials and 30-45 minutes to put together. If you choose to go this route, use upholstery thread as it is much stronger. I wish I would have marketed this after I did my first one 15 years ago because I think there is a company selling something similar now. I will try to attachpost-8271-1213874640_thumb.jpg a picture. Hope this helps. Scott

Tackelbarry, you should have. That quick adjust is what the Vickers sling uses for quick adjust.

Well, they have a good thing going as this design is what I have made for all of my long guns. I just enjoy doing R&D. If you look closely, you might be able to see the modification I did to the cheek piece to make it a tighter and more ergonomical fit. I also modified the front sling swivel to a one piece (no separate screw) with a larger loop for a 1 1/4" sling. Every time I do these things I think, "Oh, I bet that would sell". Unfortunately, I do not have a way to mass produce, but it's fun.