Rear of .223 receiver re-machined to correct angle?

Hi everyone,

I should start by saying I have a SBS Tromix with a folding stock. Tony re-machines the rear of the reciever to a correct angle. Have any of you done this to use a folding stock, or does it not have to be done.

Ive decided to do this conversion myself, and Im undecided what to do stock wise. I see rusmilitary has an AK-74M folding buttstock and AK buttstock's folding action kit (COMPLETE SET) for sale. Is this pretty much a bolt on kit for the Saiga .223. Any other good stock advice would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I should start by saying I have a SBS Tromix with a folding stock. Tony re-machines the rear of the reciever to a correct angle. Have any of you done this to use a folding stock, or does it not have to be done.

Ive decided to do this conversion myself, and Im undecided what to do stock wise. I see rusmilitary has an AK-74M folding buttstock and AK buttstock's folding action kit (COMPLETE SET) for sale. Is this pretty much a bolt on kit for the Saiga .223. Any other good stock advice would be appreciated!

1. Remove old rear trunion by drilling out rivets

2. Cut receiver rear to proper angles (all three sides are different, plus the latch D hole)

3. Rivet in new trunion

4. Mount stock

I've done one, seriously took me 4-5 hours and I'm not that impressed with my D hole cut. Its not for the faint of heart.