Saiga 12 Tactical Light

I am scheduled to have my Saiga 12 customized by Tromix in October. One of the many things I hope to do is place a tactical light on the shotgun. According to the internet, there is now a Surefire tactical fore end for the Saiga 12. I have to assume that someone in this forum has added an American tactical light to a Saiga. Please tell me what has worked for you.

Thanks,

JW

I guess that you are referring to the "Sure Fire" Saiga 12 Gauge Tri-Rail Forearm that is advertised by Gilbert's Guns? That is only an Engineering Drawing. They evidently have not even a prototype to display and hope to generate enough interest and pre-sales to warrant the project.

The Russian Fore end is available from at least one of our advertisers and this site. Lots of folks have added a rail to the forearm or the firearm itself for a light.

Might want to sick to a light that is made for a firearm or a LED light. The recoil of the shotgun can make one go through a lot of expensive bulbs.

I wouldn't put a SureFire on anything that recoils more then a .223. In fact, I personally won't put a SureFire on anything.

I put one on a .458 SOCOM AR and it busted the bulb on the first shot. I called the SureFire guys and they were complete fucking assholes about it. They basically told me I was a complete dumb ass, and their POS shit light would only hold up to .223 recoil.....I should have known.

I would suggest going with a TacStar T6. I have one on the end of my 12" S-12 and it has taken years of abuse. It's mounted a bit too far forward with one of the compensator ports directly in front of the lens. It gets hammered by hot gas on every shot and it's still going strong.

Tony

LED lights will hold up a lot better then incandescent.

A method I have used in the past is to take a 30mm scope ring and make a spacer out of heavy rubber and use it as a homebrew shock-mount to attach a 1" Surefire type light.

I used this to mount a light on my 16" barreled Para FAL with good results.