The stock you pictured is a modified Tapco T6 that has a PG added to it. You can use that type, but then you are stuck with the same old factory trigger. The conventional position for a PG IS attached to the receiver. Look under the stamped trigger, at about the point where the safety wing passes over it. The PG nut hole should be just visible if it is there. Some .308s don't have the PG hole pre-cut. I was lucky, as mine did. Others have reported that cutting the PG hole themselves was not hard. If you do have to cut it yourself, make sure to locate it correctly. I think someone on the forum posted a printable template at some point.

As for the safety lever, it will come out easily once the trigger is out. That is basically a matter of unhooking the retaining wire and pushing out two pins.

Hogdog I really appreciate your input but what you are saying does not make any since due to the fact that as you can see by the pictures I posted there is no room for the PG hole, look carefully at post # 18 picture 2 & 3 the trigger guard is at the end of the receiver, there is no more room after it. From what you are saying the PG hole would be right after the trigger and as you can see by picture #1 in post # 21 shows the revet that holds the trigger guard, you can actually see the trigger guard right underneath it.

The way you are explaining this is I would have to modify the entire weapon to do. Remember that this is not an AK it's a Saiga. I have a Tapco pistol grip on my SKS I'll will take it apart and show you with pics and hope that it will make since to you. I have no idea if the 223/X39 receivers are different or even the shotguns, but this sucker does not have a PG hole.

Thanks

I highly recommend that you take SaigaNoobie up on his offer to teach you about your new Saiga .308. Once he explains it to you, it will all make sense.

It already has, thank you all for your kind help and patience with me, but I am still curious as to why they would do this? And allow it to be converted back to an AK stile weapon.... Who knows why the Gov does half of the things they do just makes no since..........

GL08

It already has, thank you all for your kind help and patience with me, but I am still curious as to why they would do this? And allow it to be converted back to an AK stile weapon.... Who knows why the Gov does half of the things they do just makes no since..........

GL08

This is basically the reason as I understand it. In their great wisdom, the powers that be in Washington have decided that no foreign-made firearm which they have decreed to be "non-sporting" may be imported into the U.S. So, the Saigas have to be manufactured in a "sporting" configuration to be imported. Once here, they can be converted into a "non-sporting" configuration provided that the provisions of 922r are complied with. The same rules govern the importation, and subsequent modification, of WASRs from Romania, as well as some other guns. Of course you are right that this makes no sense. We should be able to get any Saiga that Izhmash manufactures.