I need a trigger guard option

I started to convert a x39 saiga and accidently ripped one of the trigger

guard legs that touch the receiver. What is a good option if I want to

leave the factory mag catch alone? Welding is not an option.

I figure I need a replacement guard kind of like the tromix weld on

ones but without needing to weld.

Edited by expeditionx

How bad is the damage? Is part of the trigger guard cut off or cut through partially? If its just nicked, I would sand it a bit, repaint it, and reuse it. If it is really mangled, you could fabricate a new one or buy a replacement AK trigger guard/mag catch. They sell a screw plate that allows you to screw the assembly down rather than having to rivet it.

How bad is the damage? Is part of the trigger guard cut off or cut through partially? If its just nicked, I would sand it a bit, repaint it, and reuse it. If it is really mangled, you could fabricate a new one or buy a replacement AK trigger guard/mag catch. They sell a screw plate that allows you to screw the assembly down rather than having to rivet it.

Theres a rip through the leg that was facing forward. I used to much torque

to disattach the factory guard from the plate it was welded to.

I have an extra replacement ak guard off of a military demil but prefer

to use the factory mag catch base. Who sells a screw plate?

Edited by expeditionx

Theres a rip through the leg that was facing forward. I used to much torque

to disattach the factory guard from the plate it was welded to.

I have an extra replacement ak guard off of a military demil but prefer

to use the factory mag catch base. Who sells a screw plate?

Check here for a screw plate. Good luck with the project!

'expeditionx'

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER!!

I did the same thing one time. Take the one side of the triggerguard that has the "leg" and use it for the screw to pass through fastening the rear of the triggerguard (where the pistol grip covers it) firmly. Once you have it quite firmly in place, make sure the front leg (that is missing the foot") is directly in line with the mag release.

Now summon up Herculean power to bend the triggerguard so it actually touches the mag release in front.

Now drill a hole through the triggerguard and the mag release so you can pass either an 8/32 or 6/32 button head screw through the triggerguard side and have it enter the mag release.

Now you need a friend with a tap or you will need to enlarge the hole to pass a screw through and put a nut on the end. I opted for drilling and tapping the mag release to 8/32. That way I just passed the screw through the trigger guard and then screwed it down tight against the mag release. It was so strong that I left it that way.

Remember, all you need is a drill, 2 button head screws (either 6/32 or 8/32 with nuts) and a drill bit and tap for 8/32 or 6/32.

If you are not used to tapping, then just drill the hole a little bigger than the screw. It will be hard to get the screw started into the nut inside the mag release, but you can do it.

If all else fails, pass the screw from the mag release through the triggerguard and put the nut on there.

Much easier and if you cut the excess screw off it won't look too bad.

louielouie :super:

p.s. Buy a Birchwood Casey Blue touvh up pen at Wally World or ?. Always blue anything that shines and it blends in better. If you have never cold blued before, it is super easy.

1.) Clean the nut with alcohol

2.) Apply the blue

3.) Wait 15 seconds and apply the blue again

4.) Now wet it down with just cold tap water, dry it off, and it not blue enough start at 1. again.

5.) When you get it blued, after drying apply a good oil like BreakFree or RemOil CLP.

It Must BE CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, Protectant)

Edited by louielouie