2010 Pan-America Shotgun Championships  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be there?

• Count Me In
    • Most likely
    • Depends on match location
    • Too rich for my blood (no)
    • Yes but will not be using a Saiga

I plan to be there most likely I will be retiring in 2010 so that would be a really cool retirement present for myself

Hope to see a bunch of you folks there. It would be cool if Team Saiga could Squad up together. For more information please see the linke below.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53415

Edited by topmaul

I copied this from the Brian Enos Forum thought you guy might like to know!

Alright Everybody,

This is what I know so far:

The host AREA will be Area 6. Due to the timing restraints provided by IPSC HQ, we must host the match between April and June in 2010. We all felt that it made more sense to host it in the south since the weather can be less-than-ideal in Michigan that time of year. Couple that with the poor economic climate in Michigan, and the choice was simple. Another contributing factor was the higher density of shotgun shooters in Area 6. We are currently looking at Alabama and Georgia for the match. There are several ranges in the running. The match team consists of the following people at this point (in no particular order):

Charles Bond (Logistical Support)

Jeff LaFave (MD)

Cindy Noyes (Assistant MD)

Bill Noyes (Web Design Support)

Rob Boudrie (Stats Support)

Dave Thomas (Treasurer)

John Amidon (Rules Advisor)

Mike Voigt (Stage Consultant)

Neil Beverly (Rules/Stage Consultant)

Paul @ USPSA (Marketing)

Chris Thomas (Sponsorship)

more to be added I'm sure...especially stage designers like Kurt Miller, Jeff Cramblt, Patrick Kelly, Trapper Swonson etc!!!

We are now ready to accept your stage designs. If you have some ideas, email them to me at: jlafave@mich.com. There will be 21 stages shot over 3 days, 7 stages per day (shot in a half-day format). We are leaning toward a Tues-Wed set-up, shooting on Thurs, Fri, and Sat, with Awards, Shoot-offs and tear-down on Sunday. We are also leaning toward a May 2010 match date. We want to be early on the match calendar so there is less chance of conflict with other venues. We will also be working on having alternate shooting venues during the downtime at the match. Maybe some clays shooting, etc...

We will also be working on a place to have a gathering before and after the match. I cannot get into details on this yet, as it is contingent on the overall match budget. Look for about a 300-350 round match with 80% being birdshot, 10% slug and 10% buckshot. This is just an estimate. It will be IPSC rules, and they will be STRICTLY ENFORCED. I am sure slots will be handled through the respective regions. I will be getting "educated" on this I am sure in the coming months. I will be talking with USPSA HQ to get the scoop on what they are handling, and what our team has to handle. I know a lot of this is vague, but it is all I have at this point. We will be navigating all the issues with getting international competitors, their guns and ammo into the US. That will take a bit of time I am sure, but rest assured, things are moving along nicely.

So, fire up those stage design templates and get some stuff off to me ASAP!!!

Thanks All,

Jeff LaFave

Pan American Shotgun Championship MD