Definition of parts

Hello,

I've been reading a lot about converting my 308 lately and even though I love to shoot my Saiga, I am still "unlearned" in many areas of my gun. One such is the definition of terms used in replacing parts and conversion. Is there a "guide" with the definitions for all the replacement parts and what their pupose(s) are for the gun? I love the look of a Saiga that has been converted, but to be honest with all of you, I have no idea what some of the parts some of you are putting on yours are for.

I would appreciate so very much in someone taking the time and explaining it to this newbie.

Joe

Hi Joe-

There is a wealth of information under 922r compliance section of the forum to explain what 'officially' counts as a part in the first place, and some good videos on the internet showing how the AK action operates. Also, just pop the dust cover off your .308 and study it for a while as you cycle the action and you'll get a fair idea of how things work together. Once you know what are 'parts' you'll understand what options are available for conversions.