Forend retainer screw

I just started the build but I was attempting to remove the forend for the Saiga. There is no retaining screw. I've attached a few pics of what I see. I know that I've seen it on youtube, cross-conn, and various forums that state you can remove a screw and slide off the forend. There is no screw that I removed. The only screw that I have removed for the forend is the one that holds the strap. Can someone tell me if I'm looking at the wrong thing. The first pic is from the left side. The other two are from the bottom looking up.

post-13087-1224459309_thumb.jpg

post-13087-1224459318_thumb.jpg

post-13087-1224459367_thumb.jpg

the screw in pic #2 is the screw you need to get out

I was able to get out the forend without a screw. Apparently, I chiseled it out and discovered there was no screw. It was molded into the receiver. Just a little tapping and it came out. It's useless now. There was a spring that was between the receiver and the forend. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Em1sniper

My first time out with my 7.62 I put about 100 rounds through it, when I got home and went to clean it all up I found the fore end screw was pretty loose. I used some loctite on it after that. Could've easily lost it at the range I would imagine. My S12 was the same way with the fore end/sling mount screw. Loose when I first got it. Those Russkies probably don't check those so good in the quality control department. But picture 2 & 3 look like you've got the screw in there and picture 1 looks like it's missing. It's only the 1 screw that holds the fore end on, unscrew that and take a rubber mallet to the fore end where it meets the receiver and that should do it.

My first time out with my 7.62 I put about 100 rounds through it, when I got home and went to clean it all up I found the fore end screw was pretty loose. I used some loctite on it after that. Could've easily lost it at the range I would imagine. My S12 was the same way with the fore end/sling mount screw. Loose when I first got it. Those Russkies probably don't check those so good in the quality control department. But picture 2 & 3 look like you've got the screw in there and picture 1 looks like it's missing. It's only the 1 screw that holds the fore end on, unscrew that and take a rubber mallet to the fore end where it meets the receiver and that should do it.

I actually put the end of the screwdriver inside of the hole. I started to push down thinking that there was a screw but I realize all I did was leave a mark. That is why it looks like there is a screw inside of the hole.