Ok,

I have a saiga 7.62x39, bought it a week or so ago, I wanted to do a conversion but was wondering exactly what parts would be needed. I see alot of sponser sights that have the parts, but they seem to intermingle the saiga 12 and saiga rifle components. So I have the follosing questions heres a list of what I think I need, and wonder fi theres anything different, or the best place to get it.

1. FCG

2. trigger guard

3. gas piston ( i know not mandatory)

4. piston grip, nut screw

5. stock

6. foregrip

Now my next question was what about the tapco and other stock kits, that have an intregal pistol grip, and dont require the actual conversion. Would doing the stock with pistol grip, gas piston, us foregrip, and us mag be enough to be 922 compliant?

I know there are alot of options and the second batch seem easier to me, I really dont feel like taking the entire gun apart to convert, but can easily (have ability just lack motivation, lol)

Let me know, appreciate the help

I say it's well worth it to take it apart and do the conversion right. This carbine was meant to have a pistol grip and the trigger was never meant to be at the far back of the receiver. I got my FCG from Dinzag, it's a Tapco G2 and it's modded to go along with the BHO. I reused my factory TG. The 12 guage is the one with the gas piston. I got my SAW PG from Dinzag and it comes with the screw. The nut you have to purchase separately which I also got from Dinzag. There's a ton of stock options. Your options for the handguards are limited until you get an ak gas tube and the lower handguard retainer.

Ok,

I have a saiga 7.62x39, bought it a week or so ago, I wanted to do a conversion but was wondering exactly what parts would be needed. I see alot of sponser sights that have the parts, but they seem to intermingle the saiga 12 and saiga rifle components. So I have the follosing questions heres a list of what I think I need, and wonder fi theres anything different, or the best place to get it.

1. FCG

2. trigger guard

3. gas piston ( i know not mandatory)

4. piston grip, nut screw

5. stock

6. foregrip

Now my next question was what about the tapco and other stock kits, that have an intregal pistol grip, and dont require the actual conversion. Would doing the stock with pistol grip, gas piston, us foregrip, and us mag be enough to be 922 compliant?

I know there are alot of options and the second batch seem easier to me, I really dont feel like taking the entire gun apart to convert, but can easily (have ability just lack motivation, lol)

Let me know, appreciate the help

From what I understand the Tapco stock and pistol grip combo only counts as 1 922r part. They do have it listed as 2 but since the rifle does not have a pistol grip you are not replacing a part you are adding one. I may be wrong. I am in the same boat you are. I have 4 S308 rifles that were supposed to be S12s (my supplier shipped the wrong guns) I am considering keeping them and doing complete conversions. I am not sure of the 922r parts count as per ATF on the S308 which is probably the same as the 7.62X39. I am an FFL and have been converting S12s but the rifle conversions do require some different parts. When I get more info I will let you know.

post-12530-1225161076_thumb.jpg

Edited by ripper1

thanks for the feedback so far, let me know if any other chime in

ripper1, ya let me know how things turn out for you.

anyone have steps on how they cut the holes for the pistol grip and trigger, and are there templates somewhere that can be bought? Im still debating on what todo, leaning towards converting currently

thanks for the feedback so far, let me know if any other chime in

ripper1, ya let me know how things turn out for you.

anyone have steps on how they cut the holes for the pistol grip and trigger, and are there templates somewhere that can be bought? Im still debating on what todo, leaning towards converting currently

The cut out for the trigger assembly should already be there under the trigger guard plate. On my S308 the cut out for the pistol grip nut is also already there (not sure about the 7.62X39). The Saiga rifles only have 14 evil parts. So you need to replace 4. So the Tapco G2 hammer trigger disconnecter plus a USA stock will make it compliant. Then the use of USA mags is three more parts and the gas piston is one more. Dinzag has the 922r list on his web sight. http://www.dinzagarms.com/922r/922r.html

I hope this helps.

Edited by ripper1