Just ordered my saigas

I just finished ordering a Saiga-M 7.62x39, and a 16.3" .223. This is my plan.

The M will be used primarily for deer and hogs (quite a few in my area), and zombie stopping. I plan on adding a POSP to it, but keeping it stocked. I know it creases cases, but I have built up a good supply of ammo, and I don't plan on reloading.

The .223 will be converted to a PG side-folder (by me/galil style), this will be a part of my daily-carry BOB. I don't plan on keeping a massive amount of ammo on hand, but I will reload if necessary, and it's an extremely common round in my area. Lots of AR 'plinkers'.

I decided to go this route simply because I didn't want to limit myself to one rifle (or caliber). My recent sale on this board of my old springfield is helping me with the cost, and I've put a little aside for it.

I can save a few hundred dollars by doing the conversion myself in my spare time (not a pro, but I'm not incompetant), which I will be putting towards a Saiga-12 down the road (if I can still buy them).

Anyhow, that's the plan at this point. I decided on the M simply because it is much more cost effective for me, and I was planning on a fixed stock for it anyway. At $430 + compliance parts, I am still going to save some money over a completely custom rig. (No matter how much I wanted one!!!)

Thanks to all for the pm's and advice on helping me choose!