.410 ammo question

So I went and bought a .410, and some winchester .410 plastic hulled slugs, loaded the mag, pulled it back, and the damn ammo wont feed. The mag is forcing the round after the one its chambering to kick up in the front.

So are there certain kinda that will and wont work? What works best, where do you buy it? Im looking for round clugs tha twill work.

Thanks for your help

Thanks

So I went and bought a .410, and some winchester .410 plastic hulled slugs, loaded the mag, pulled it back, and the damn ammo wont feed. The mag is forcing the round after the one its chambering to kick up in the front.

So are there certain kinda that will and wont work? What works best, where do you buy it? Im looking for round clugs tha twill work.

Thanks for your help

Thanks

Make sure you use the right mag for the ammo you are using. The saiga 410 comes with a 4 round magazine for 3" shells (76mm), 2.5" shells require a mag specific for 2.5" (65mm)

3" on left 2.5" on right

post-6703-1226534361_thumb.jpg

Ya,

Im using the factory mag, and 3" winchester super x, i think the mag is feeding wrong, cause if I only put one shell in the mag it works feeds normally, if I load it with more than one shell, the mag pushes the round behind the top round up and when the shell comes back forward the brass part catches on the tip of the next shell in the mag.

any ideas?

this will feed platic shelled ammo right?

Ya,

Im using the factory mag, and 3" winchester super x, i think the mag is feeding wrong, cause if I only put one shell in the mag it works feeds normally, if I load it with more than one shell, the mag pushes the round behind the top round up and when the shell comes back forward the brass part catches on the tip of the next shell in the mag.

any ideas?

this will feed platic shelled ammo right?

Yes plastic or steel/brass hulled mine eats everything. Are you cycling by hand or is this happening during firing?

Edited by Superhawk138

well right now this is cycling by hand, but the reason I noticed this is when I first loaded the gun, and pulled the bolt back it would load the first shell. I cycled through the rest of the mag, or I should say I tried to cycle through it, none would feed into the chamber until the final round in the mag, as nothing was behind in the mag.

thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have an idea? when I put the shells in the factory stock mag, I can not pull the hammer back and it acutally fully chamber a round. has anyone ever had an issue with the winchester slugs? I have tried winchester and remmington plastic hulled, and cant get the gun to feed.

also does anyone know if the saiga foregrip will fit on the saiga 410?/???/

thanks

and happy tday

You may need a different magazine. Have you tried any other 3" shells? If so, how did they feed? You Saiga may just not like Winchester. Barnaul slugs are the most accurate out of mine with Winchester coming in last. That's trying Winchester, Barnaul, Brenneke and Federal 2 1/2" (I have a 65mm mag as well). I still have some Remington 2 1/2" slugs to try out.

You may need a different magazine. Have you tried any other 3" shells? If so, how did they feed? You Saiga may just not like Winchester. Barnaul slugs are the most accurate out of mine with Winchester coming in last. That's trying Winchester, Barnaul, Brenneke and Federal 2 1/2" (I have a 65mm mag as well). I still have some Remington 2 1/2" slugs to try out.

well ive tried both rem and win, i understand the rem not working as they are 2.5", the reason i was using winchester it was the easiest thing to find in this area, i may go out to cabellas and see if they have somethig else, but for the most part around here 3" .410 is hard to find, the 2.5" stuf is pretty easy.,

when i say the 3" is hard to find, i mean it in that something other than winchester is hard to find however in 2.5 there is more selection

im going to order a surefire mag and see if that will help the 3" winchester work I dont see why it wouldnt work, as when I compare it to other 3" ammo i see its essentialy the same.

im not going square peg round hole here am I?