Conversion Trouble...Help!!!

Hi, this is my first conversion and all was going fairly well until I took the bottom plate off and found there was no pistol grip hole! :cryss: This is a S308 and from what I've read there SHOULD be one there right? Well, I guess guess I'm gonna have to cut one either way. :ded: Any tips on how to do it right? Thanks.

-Broke

post-13043-1227400712_thumb.jpg

post-13043-1227400807_thumb.jpg

Yeah, the 308's don't have the PG hole. :-/ What I did was hold my trigger guard and PG up next to the receiver and eyeball how far forward the PG bolt would be (coming up the center of the PG), and mark the centerline of where the bolt would be. One thing to be aware of is the angle on the PG nut. If you make the front and back of your hole vertical, the hole will be much bigger than it needs to be. I did a quick rough sketch of where mine is in Paint, along with a side view illustrating the angle. It's a rough sketch, so don't measure anything off it by any means!

post-7071-1227407414.jpg

Hope it helps,

Acer

I've done a few and I use a receiver stub from a parts set, line up the rears of the receivers and scribe the line where the PG nut hole is located. I haven't had a problem yet. :devil:

That's a good idea, I will have to get a parts set one of these days for such events or just to have some spare parts around. I have already cut the hole and the nut fits perfectly. When I get to working on it again, I will let ya'll know how everything lines up. Thanks for all the help. If it weren't for this forum there is no way I would have been able to do this conversion. And I'm sure I will have some questions when I get to putting in the new trigger group.