New Zealand Saiga-12 Owners

I think it points better and the trigger is more positive because there are a lot less moving parts, im also quite happy with the standard stock version, all round ist a great gun! i may have to save up for a mag well but they are so expensive! so who did you buy your stock from, its always good to know who will ship to nz.

bought from 'the gun parts guy' in the states. i didnt request any thing special on the customs declereation - it came labeled as 'airsoft stock'. Recieved 5 days after ordering.

Tried to order from missisippi auto but they dont have an export licience.

Checked out the imas site, looks good.

just ordered as bushnell holoscope and quick release side mount from gun city. Ill let you know how that gos. Ive been using the aftermarket front sight but had to make my own rear sight to match the height. Not realy that happy with it as it adds a bit of weight to the end of the barrel which is noticable, is more accurate though.

ill check out the gun parts guy, i think it may be a bit dodgy using the airsoft parts label, if customs found it you would have to do some fast talking!i dont mind getting a permit as i have a lot to loose. i got one of those quick release mounts and i had to shim it to get the red dot to zero, havnt used it much but it has a lot of flexin it, but it is a shotgun soproably dosnt matter.

I was wondering about the sturdiness of the mount, but it seamed better than the dust cover mount option. havnt recieved yet.

I thought about getting a permit to import the stock, but surely it cant be illegal to import a chunk of plastic and metal? Surely they only require an E cat if it is fitted to the gun? It cant be illegal to own a pistol grip and stock, look at all the paintball and BB gun stuff.

I got an email from nelson pistol club, it was sent to all pistol clubs (probably sent to rifle clubs too) by the nz police. it basically said nz customs was on the look out for illeagly imported firearms parts, especially incorectly labled things, (there are comments on imas about it in the import export section) if they find it they will screw you! i think it pretty rude and they should be looking for drugs but i suppose the drug dealers like pistol grips and 30 round mags too. check out imas