My first Saiga

Hello!

I'm from Slovenia/Europe and I'm new to the forum, this is my first Saiga, it's a sport model with the 20" barrel.

I bought it three days ago, the first day I modified the magazine catch to accept standard AK mags (no 922 law here), the second day I made the bullet guide (home made out of 3/4 pipe), now I'm planing to do the trigger conversion and here I have a question do I need a new trigger or I can reuse my "old" trigger group with some modification?

post-8331-1228689579_thumb.jpg

Hello!

I'm from Slovenia/Europe and I'm new to the forum, this is my first Saiga, it's a sport model with the 20" barrel.

I bought it three days ago, the first day I modified the magazine catch to accept standard AK mags (no 922 law here), the second day I made the bullet guide (home made out of 3/4 pipe), now I'm planing to do the trigger conversion and here I have a question do I need a new trigger or I can reuse my "old" trigger group with some modification?

You are going to need a new trigger. If I was you since you don't have to worry about 922 I would do a complete CAA setup. I would get everything CAA except the butt stock and I would go with a K-var Nato length on it. If you are a shorter a standard or swing away would be fine but I'm 6'2" and the nato is plenty short for me.

Good luck and I loved converting mine.

Hello!

Hey welcome to the forum and to Saiga rifles. Congrats on your new purchase. You need a new trigger group for a standard AK to work after conversion.