I just got my S12 last week, and I'm having problems. First a little background info...

The gun was purchased at my local pawn/gun shop last week, supposedly new but without a magazine. The price was right, so I went ahead and bought it, figuring I would rather have either 10 rounders or the md-20 (or a combination of both). I decided to go ahead and order a couple of the 5 rounders off of the e-store site just for kicks and giggles. They came today, but I can't get them to stay in the gun. They don't seem to be catching on the mag-release lever. Not to sound like a complete noob, but is it something that I'm doing wrong or is it something else?

A more detailed description of exactly what is happening would really help with diagnosing the problem. Pictures would be good too if you can provide some.

If you bought the 5-round mags made in Taiwan, my understanding is that they require some fitting work to get them to insert properly.

When an S12 comes NIB with mags you will often notice there are matching numbers penciled onto the mag. In otherwords the mags are often matched/fit to the individual gun. Your mags may require a little tweaking, or the mag catch. I'm sure others will add comments to your post.

Mine did the same thing,but only when I fired it. It would spit the mag out on the ground. Your gonna have to knock the

pin out of your mag catch,remove the catch, and grind down the rear two tangs so the catch moves further up the mag lip.

That part is easy,replacing that damn spring is a pain in the A$$!! I wish I had pics for you. Hope this helps.