NFA S12's and AWB?

Just had a question for the guys at Tromix. If there is an AWB will NFA S12's (SBS) be affected by this? By that I mean if the list reopens and there is an AWB that bans folding stocks/telescoping stocks will this effect a Class III firearm? Since most of the AWB pertains to non classIII semi autos?

If (when) there is an AWB, you won't be able to convert any Saiga from it's "sporting" condition.

Probably, the NFA will be unaffected, so you will still be able to make SBS's, they will just have to have the sport stock/no pistol grip config.

If (when) there is an AWB, you won't be able to convert any Saiga from it's "sporting" condition.

Probably, the NFA will be unaffected, so you will still be able to make SBS's, they will just have to have the sport stock/no pistol grip config.

:( Crap. I know its annoying to read all the "what if" and "impending doom of awb" threads. Just curious as to what would apply. Hopefully it doesn't happen before you guys open the list up haha. Thanks Sir Happy Holidays!

...you will still be able to make SBS's, they will just have to have the sport stock/no pistol grip config.

Did the '94 AWB affect SBR/SBS? I heard it didn't. So if Obama follows through on his promise and makes it permanent they'd be unaffected. I can't imagine someone saying an M16 can't have a bayonet lug :rolleyes: