How durable - Galil Orlites

Just kind of curious as to how durable the Galil Orlites are. (Yes - I know Tony from Tromix hates them)

They will probably easily last me a lifetime since I can't afford 223. (223 is $1/round in my state, we can't order them from out of state and driving over the state line ain't an option since the nearest state is about 2000 miles away)

I just modified 2 mags and was practicing installing and removing the mags. Those front plastic "tabs" that hook onto the gun seem to be taking quite a beating. Maybe as I get more used to the install/removal of the mags, they won't get as beat up. Too bad they didn't make the front tab out of steel like they did with the back tab.

Tried buying the steel Surefires awhile back from Mississippi Auto Arms but they wouldn't ship it to Hawaii. Now, I can't find them.

Edited to add - Hi cap rifle mags are legal here. Hi cap pistol mags are illegal here. A lot of business tend to err on the side of caution and won't ship any hi cap mags here.......I don't blame them.

Edited by Tim808

Orlites take a little fitting and a little JB Weld on the front I have 6 they work for me. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with them. I bought them when they were cheap.

ALSO if it's not legal for you to have high caps in Hawaii don't get them.

IIRC, the Galil Orlites are all supposed to be pre-1994 manufacture, which typically means that they can get by being imported to states with magazine capacity limits. Ditto for the Weigers. Actually, go with the Weigers since East Germany ceased to exist in what? 1989? 1990? Then there's no question about production dates.

Of course, since these are all foreign mags, insert standard 922r warning here.