Saiga Scope Mount

I have one of these holding a 25mm Ultradot on my Tantal. It is high, but not too high to be useful. I even have a spindly Polish sidefolder, and if I plant the stock rod on the side of my jaw, it keeps my head in alignment. I tried a solid stock on the Tantal once, and gave an excellent sight picture. If you're wanting to mount a red dot sight, it's fine. You don't need to have a cheek weld for the red dot to work. It's very much "point and click." I went shooting with people who were NOT gun people, everyone could hit with this combo - it was very intuitive even to folks who are not gun enthusiasts.

Where are ya in SC? If you're close you can come try it! (Laurens)

post-14027-1230687283_thumb.jpg

Edited by cheggie

I usually shoot on family land adjacent to my own property. An interesting feature of this mount is that it has a groove that serves as the rear sight when the rail is removed. It requires an allen key to remove it, but it's a thoughtful feature nonetheless. I'm quite happy with it. PM me if you'd like to come shoot sometime, I think I can arrange it.

If you know of any rifle ranges in this area, let me know. I'd like to try the 5.45x39 at longer distances.