Russian American Armory Russian Saiga Skeletonized Stock

New to Saiga's and this site. Lots of great info. I just bought my first Saiga, a 223 w/short barrel. I'm not new to AK's, I have an older Norinco Hunter 7.62. Which is similar to the Saiga in style but with a milled receiver. It is very well made and a great shooting gun. I hope this Saiga is as good or better than the Norinco and the ones everyone talks so highly of here.

The stock I'm interested in is a factory stock that is apparently sold in this country and some Saiga Models are delivered with it. There is are pictures of them on the Rusian American Armory's web site. Would it be "Illegal" if I mounted this on my otherwise standard Saiga 223? I don't think I want to make a full conversion but would like to have a different rear stock. I've handled one with this style stock and it was comfortable. I know the cheek pad isn't usable on the steel sights, at least not for me. But I will probably add some type of Optics later.

Picture and info here-

https://www.gilbertsguns.com/Stocks/Saiga/R...letonized+Stock

(Not recommending the site. I just found it tonight looking at stocks and know nothing about it.)

Thanks for the info already provide here.

Terry

I'd check with state law though.

I don't do it where I live because if my mag fed semi-auto shotgun had a "prominent" grip underneath the receiver then it automagically becomes an assault weapon.

Same for NY and semi-auto shotguns. Thumbhole stocks are a grey area.

But the OP is asking about putting it on a .223.