How does this hookup sound?

I wanna hook up my 7.62 a bit, but don't want a full conversion, so I was wondering what your opinions were on this.

Skeletonized stock, Tromix fire control trigger assembly, Surefire foregrip (with the picatinny rails), and maybe a bipod and/or lasersight.

Also thinking about converting it for AK mags so that I can get pre-ban hi cap mags for it.

Opinions?

I wanna hook up my 7.62 a bit, but don't want a full conversion, so I was wondering what your opinions were on this.

Skeletonized stock, Tromix fire control trigger assembly, Surefire foregrip (with the picatinny rails), and maybe a bipod and/or lasersight.

Also thinking about converting it for AK mags so that I can get pre-ban hi cap mags for it.

Opinions?

So you don't want to move the FCG forward? If not, are you sure that the Tromix FCG works with non-converted Saigas?

If they do, and it's like Dinzags modifed G2, for non-converted, it only replaces 2 parts. Just something to keep in mind. But if the stock is US made, you'd still be compliant with the parts you listed (14 - 1 (stock) - 2 (FCG) - 1 (handguards) = 10).

You asked for opinions so................my opinion is that you should just go ahead and do the conversion. I see that you replied in Ernest's thread, where he linked his video. Watch it a few times, get comfortable with it, and give it a go!

That's my opinion anyway.

ETA: It wasn't you who replied in that thread :ded: . Check out the video. Hopefully it will show you that it's not as hard as it seems. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=34172

Edited by 22_Shooter
According to Dinzag's site, there are ones for converted and unconverted. And I didn't realize only the pistol grip versions were 3 piece and the unconverted were 2.

Yeah, Dinzag's modified G2 for non-converted still uses the trigger link lever thing-a-ma-jig that the stock FCG uses, and it only replaces 2 parts for US made ones.

The regular G2 will give you 3 US made parts.

According to Dinzag's site, there are ones for converted and unconverted. And I didn't realize only the pistol grip versions were 3 piece and the unconverted were 2.

Yeah, Dinzag's modified G2 for non-converted still uses the trigger link lever thing-a-ma-jig that the stock FCG uses, and it only replaces 2 parts for US made ones.

Will the regular G2 just not fit or somethin?

Will the regular G2 just not fit or somethin?

This is from Dinzags site, regarding the modded G2's for non-converted Saigas:

The Saiga factory config FCG's count as 2 compliance parts, the disconnector and hammer, which are marked USA. The trigger block is included, but the trigger has been milled off. It shouldn't be counted because the original factory trigger and wishbone linkage are still used.