Video drives me to action

Ok,

The conversion is now a must! But please guide me a bit about how these Tromix parts come into play.

Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard -(best thing since sliced bread I have heard no sure why)

Tromix Receiver Back Plate- again great stuff I am sure, why do I need it and how do I attach it?

Ok,

The conversion is now a must! But please guide me a bit about how these Tromix parts come into play.

Tromix Do-It-Yourself Saiga 12 Trigger Guard -(best thing since sliced bread I have heard no sure why)

Without this part you have to cut a square hole in the receiver for the pistol grip nut to drop into (from the inside, protruding down. With this part you simply screw through the 3 existing holes in the bottom of the receiver and attach this to the bottom of the receiver. It takes away all of the guess work, measuring, steady hand chances to screw the conversion up. Oh, you also don't have to drill holes for a trigger guard as this is both parts in on assembly.

Tromix Receiver Back Plate- again great stuff I am sure, why do I need it and how do I attach it?

I'm pretty sure this is only needed for folding stocks. I didn't use anything on my receiver. I just removed the factory sporter butt stock, and inserted my Tapco butt stock.

the DIY guard also includes a safety stop which you'd have to add otherwise. I have one just waiting on new fcg, top notch quality.

The back plate should prevent you from needing a receiver block. You'd have to get it welded onto the back with the tang cut off. I have one just waiting on a favor to get my brother into a local metal shop. Guessing it should be welded solid around instead of just tack'ed on in a few places. Have not put it on yet but also looks like a quality part. Will attach the folding mechanism directly to it.

Edited by Wotan1105

The one bitch I have about the Tromix DIY triggerguard is that you can only use the SAW style grip with it. The angle of the welded on nut prevents a standard AK grip from mounting correctly. I don't know why the hell the nut isn't at the proper angle for the std AK grip since the SAW grips were made to fit AK's in the first place.

I ended up lopping off the DIY guard right in front of the grip screw nut and cutting the square hole in the receiver for the std AK grip nut.

You don't need the back plate if you're just using a regular old AK stock. You will probably have to modify the part of the stock that slips into the receiver if the use the DIY TG. Otherwise the stock will hit the head of the rearmost TG screw. If you use the Hillman hole plugs you will also have to inlet the stock to clear those.