Just bought my second Saiga!

The first was a 308 v21 that I bought because it looked good, and the thought of an AK in 308 was awesome. I didn't know that there were Saiga 12's until I joined this board. I fell in love with the 12 the first time I saw a picture, but wasn't able to get one until now.

Now for the range report.

I figured it wouldn't like the winchester low brass because harldy anyone here has been able to get it work, but I had a box and I had to try. Well it didn't. Every 3 rounds would FTE. I heard here that the Federal low brass should work fine and sure enough it did. 25 rounds fired without a problem. Then I turned the dial to #1 and put 10 rounds of Winchester 00 buck through it without a problem. Even though it is gas operated I still knew I was firing a heavy load.

The 12 is everything I expected it to be and I am glad it operated like it was supposed to.

All I had was the factory 5 round mag and reloading it got tiring quick. I ordered 2 10 round mags off of the e-store and they will make it easier and alot more fun.

Congrats on getting your saiga 12, especially before Obama put any gun bans into effect. (IMO)

Now you will want to get a polly choke, a folding stock, a 10 round mag, a forward vertical grip, a MD 20 round drum.

It's such a slippery slope enjoy :devil: