922r compliance question

Quoted from the IMPORTANT TOPICS Section--"Adding a pistol grip or folding stock to one absolutely triggers 922®. However, it is not certain that converting one to accept AK-47 magazines automatically triggers a need for 922® compliance."

Please help me interpret this. This is my set up-No pistol grip, using the Skeleton Stock from RAA, (they said it was a legal stock, they offer it as an option.), and make no changes to use AK mags, and no other changes, then use 30 round US mags made for the Saiga. Am I legal?

I've been trying to figure it out. I won't have any evil parts except the mags.

This is way too confusing! I'm sure it was written that way deliberately. I've been to some seminars with Lawyers and they use language that needs to be litigated ON PURPOSE, so they can go to court and play for pay. It was admitted in one by the speaker and he was laughing about it.

Any help is appreciated.

bmwrider

As I understand it, you take a legal Saiga out of the box, insert a magazine of more than 10 round capacity, and you're illegal -- without doing another thing.

Sucks, don't it? I don't want to get started on lawyers . . .

Since the factory Saiga has no pistol grip or muzzle attachment, it has 14 parts that count towards 922r compliance. Using a US-made mag is good for three, so you still have to change one more.

Here's the list:

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

Good luck.