2 3/4" or 3"?

I have a Remington 870 and hundreds of rounds in Tac8 and assorted other 2 3/4" shells. I have a Saiga 12 on order; will I be able to use the 2 3/4 shells in it with a 12 round mag? I have two of the 12-round mags that have already come in; the shotgun should arrive this week. It would be very good if the Saiga and the Remington used the same length shells. Thanks for the info.

You're asking if you can use the 2 3/4" shells in the 12 rd mags and if it will work with your S-12? The answer to both questions is yes. I understand the Surefire 12 rd mags will accept 3" shells also, but the recoil might damage the locking tab on the front of the magazine. I just use 2 3/4" shells myself.

Corbin

The 12 rd mags will use either size shells,just not 3 1/2s.

I've played with a bunch of different ammo brands and sizes through mine to see what it liked best and they held up fine even with the Winchester Xpert HVs and no breakage.Them things did put a hurt on me after a few mags though and went back to lighter rounds.Had a few brands that actually didnt do so well which surprised me.AA's that are so nice in my Rem. 870 would go real well and neither one really liked the Peters loads.

I'll stick with the cheapy stuff now,goes out way too fast.