Saiga 12 in Gun Ban and Dangerous weapons list

My son has been looking out for another Saiga 12 gauge for me in west Michigan. Last store he visited one of the clerks mentioned that the Saiga would be on the banned firearms list because of it being a mag fed 12 gauge. This clerk also mentioned it would be on the dangerous firerms list which means it would be illegal to own one period. The reason for this is because you can have a drum with a capacity of 20 rounds.

Now I don't put much past any of the idiots in office to try such nonesense but has anyone heard of similar news or if this is possible what it means?

I'm not letting this stop me I plan to buy a few more but curious mind want to know

It will most likely go on the next list. Even under the '94 ban you couldn't have a pistol grip and detachable mag, reguardless of size. The 20rd capability makes some people think it might become judged "unsporting" (new AG doesn't help) and deemed a destructive device just like the USAS-12 and Striker-12 which also had 20rd capacity. If that were to happen then you'd have to register the S-12s you own as NFA DDs and there would be no more new ones imported except for SOTs and law enforcement. The only folks who wouldn't be able to keep the ones they already owned would be those living in states that didn't allow destructive devices. Also, any S-12 not registered during the grace period would become an illegal firearm.

So yeah, that's what he was probably trying to sum up.

Oh, and from what I can tell, Michigan allows DDs.

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2008/08/mich...firearms-1.html

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/states/MICHI...0GUN%20LAWS.pdf

If you really wanted to know anything then why did you title your post with a statement based on some idiots surmise? All of this disinformation and foolish panic does no one any good.