Shepards crook install issues. *help needed*

Okay, I'm on the last step of the conversion and cannot get the Shepard's Crook/retaining wire on. I see how it is supposed to go. Place the hook around the trigger pin and slide it forward with the sweeping bend under the hammer pin. But for the life of me, I can't get it into place. Do you guys have any tips that make this easier.

I think I've had to put together and take apart the FCG four or five times now. What took me two hours to do the first time now takes me 5 minutes. I'm sure the wire will be the same, but I need a little help to get it on the first time. I'm thinking I should have spent the extra $$$ and bought the plate.

Thanks much.

how did you do the BHO spring?

i want to get the fcg in tonight

Funny thing, I thought the BHO spring was going to be the hard part. From everything I read it was a PITA. Actually, I found it to be one of the easier things to do. I used the dental floss trick. Really not too bad. Don't forget, you need to either have a modified BHO mechanism, or modify your existing one. Not that big of a deal either, but if you don't do it (like I made the mistake of) you'll have everything together and then realize the safety selector won't go in. Then you get to tear it all apart and do it again.

The hardest part for me was the Shepard's hook. Honestly, it isn't too bad either. I was not using enough force to get it in. Now I can do it w/o issue.