Help with hammer spring

Hey Guys,

I recently did a pistol grip conversion on my saiga 7.62. I am having problems with the end of the hammer spring, slipping off the trigger.

The Hammer spring seems to slip out of position once the trigger has been pulled. (only on one hook)

I will attach a picture later this evening to help illustrate the issue.

G2 FCG

did not install bho

Thanks!

If you installed a modified Saiga G2 FCG without a BHO, the hammer can move side to side because the BHO is absent. This is what's causing your hammer spring to come off. The Saiga G2 FCG's that Dinzag sells have been ground on the right side to allow the BHO to be placed there.

Edited by Mike the Wolf
If you installed a modified Saiga G2 FCG without a BHO, the hammer can move side to side because the BHO is absent. This is what's causing your hammer spring to come off. The Saiga G2 FCG's that Dinzag sells have been ground on the right side to allow the BHO to be placed there.

Thanks Mike,

I was thinking that might be the issue. I will "attempt" to reinstall BHO tonight.

Thanks for the guidance.

Great forum you guys have here :)

I recommend this method: push the BHO spring down with your finger and capture it through the pin hole with with a small screwdriver or pick. Then insert the pin as far as you can. Now use another pick to push the spring down below the bottom of the oncoming pin. Then you can push the trigger pin through. The first pick keeps the spring from coming loose again, while the second pick is used to adjust it until you get it on the pin.

I recommend this method: push the BHO spring down with your finger and capture it through the pin hole with with a small screwdriver or pick. Then insert the pin as far as you can. Now use another pick to push the spring down below the bottom of the oncoming pin. Then you can push the trigger pin through. The first pick keeps the spring from coming loose again, while the second pick is used to adjust it until you get it on the pin.

Perfect... looking good. I no longer fear the BHO spring. This gun is easy and a lot of fun to work on. :)

Thanks again for the help

Ran into same thing with trigger spring 'slide' ... :cryss:

Had to take a bit more off the hammer to accomodate the bho - still had the spring slide but not as much so I carefully took the one leg spring and bent it 'outward' slightly - it now sits and operates flawlessly... :super:

Oh yeah FWIW had to flip the screw so that the allenhead portion sits near the trigger grouping internals (better clearance) versus the allen head under the pistol grip... just dremeled a bit of plastic off the pistol grip to let it fit snug...