I have had my S12 on backorder for five week's now. My (small time) dealer does'nt seem too enthusiastic. YEP, I'm getting frustrated. My online serch has proven fruitless. Anyone have any pointer's to S12's in stock close to SWVA? I will drive to get it. Even ship to my dealer with FFL. I'm thinking I'm goin into DT.

That's odd....last week I thought I heard about a lot of new ones in stock. I know my local guy got his....

I think my dealer is a old school hobbiest, just does it for fun. I give him alot of business, just not a large dealer. Hell, I dont think he even has a pc? Order's from a catalogue. I have had no problem's in the past. Are you close to the VA line? Charlotte aint far!

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/SAI-12.aspx

Maybe I don't understand the problem. Why not cancel the order and have these folks ship one to your FFL?

I gave my dealer centerfiresystem's number and adress LAST week! That's why I'm looking for another local dealer. And I do appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

My thinking is, All my chores are caught up for this week. I can take off Sat, and do a little r+r shopping to get outta town (good excuse).

Edited to add. He said it would be over 600$ by the time he got it..........

Edited by Sly

That's B.S.! You call them and pay for it with your credit card, they ship it to your FFL, your FFL then charges you $20 - $25 to transfer it to you. You are being hijacked "old school". Go here http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp and enter your Zip Code. Find a dealer close to you and call him. They will quote you a price and send a signed copy of their FFL (FAX/E-mail/Whatever) to the seller. He calls you when it comes in and you pay him a few bucks. End of story. :)

Ahhem!.... One new case of footMouth disorder to report.

I called my dealer to cancel the order. No sooner than he heard my voice he said, " Yup, I got it today"! Yes, he did reorder from centerfiresystems. I was totaly disoriented. The invoice was 569$ (20$ shipping, I saw it). All in all 619$. I know a man has got to make a living but............ I picked it up this evening. I can take my frustrations out this weekend on them damn pesky 12oz empty's I've been savin!

Thank's for the input 1911 and Cobra.