Quick Range Report on New Saiga

Just received my new Saiga from Centerfire last week. Ordering to doorstep was 4 days, so a pretty quick turnaround. Initial inspection of the gun revealed a three port gun as I can see. The rear port (towards buttstock) is clearly visible with the two front ones just barely visible when the gas plug was removed. I was able to make a "tactical port finder" with a coat hanger and was able to locate the two front ports. All ports seemed to be clear. I did a basic cleaning of removing most of the packing lube and reapplied some rem oil.

Now it was off to the range. I only had time to go to a local indoor range. I brought a box of the cheap Remington low brass #8, a box of high brass Federal #6, 10 rounds of 2 3/4" Remington slugs, 10 rounds of 2 3/4" Remington 00 buck.

-First five rounds were slugs on gas setting one. All cycled normally with impact trending towards the right of center probably me). No malfunctions.

-Second five, No malfunctions.

-00 buck, 10 rounds no malf. ( gas setting still on one)

-Federal high brass #6, no malf. (gas setting one)

-Remington low brass #8 (gas setting one) all were FTE. Gun would cycle back enough to reengage the hammer, but would FTE (fail to eject). Switched to the gas setting two and ran remainder of the box with no malfunctions.

Went straight home and stripped her down for the conversion. Overall very satisfied.