well im new to this forum just purchased my first rifle 7.62 i want to do a conversion on it been watching how to videos and reading everybodys conversions they have done. i purchased some items from dinzagarm.com i was wondering if i need a new a gas piston as well as the parts i have put on order im not sure. Here is a list of items i got on order with DinZag :PG conversion,retaing plate,trigger group,pistol grip nut and bolt . im not sure if i need a bullet guide or any other parts it would be a big help if you could give some advice

If you plan on using AK mags then you'll need a bullet guide (you'll also have to trim you mag latch)

Assuming that you're not threading your muzzle for a muzzle break I think you still need one more 922r part

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

I'd suggest a buttstock over a gas piston. Since the length of pull is going to be a little long re-using the monte carlo (factory) stock.

ok thank you im still lookin for a good place to purchase a butt stock and pistol grip i found k-var had a good selection i will do that instead of doing the gas piston i wasnt sure if i need to change it out.

I had to change out my gas piston, but I also went with a Bulgarian underfolder for a rear stock. Remember for 922r its 10 or less foreign parts. So don't count you're American parts, count how many Russian ones you have left. The pistol grip doesn't count for compliance since the gun didn't have one when it came into the country.

Generally most people replace their fire control group (-3) and buttstock (-1) to get to 10.